The Energy Efficiency Alberta Business, Non-Profit, and Institutional Energy Savings Program offers rebates to encourage organizations to choose high-efficiency products.
To participate, follow these steps:
- Review the Eligible Measures List. It includes rebate values and technical eligibility criteria for the Business, Non-Profit, and Institutional Energy Savings Program.
- Submit an online Application. There are two application streams; post-installation OR pre-approval.
- Pre-approval is optional. It allows you confirm eligibility of your project prior to making the investment. Once pre-approval is complete, you’ll be asked for your final invoice and a proof of payment before the cheque is processed.
- Participants are encouraged to work with the contractor(s)/manufacturer(s)/distributor(s) of their choice to purchase and install eligible measures.
- Complete the online Application on your own or with the help of your contractor(s)/manufacturer(s)/distributor(s). There is no qualified contractor list.
- Finish your online application by adding equipment (including full model number) and uploading required documentation.
You’ll receive emails informing you of your application status as it is processed. The participant will receive the rebate cheque in the mail approximately four weeks following submission of a complete Application.
Before you Begin
You will need a valid account in our system, which will be created when you start your first application. Below you’ll find an overview of information needed for your application.
- Customer contact information (i.e. the facility where the project will take place).
Required Supporting Documentation:
- A copy of the customer’s recent electrical retailer/supplier bill. All pages with Project Number (ALESCR####) identified next to Site ID if more than one Site ID is present on the bill.
- Technical specification sheets for all proposed equipment (need to be in a single PDF or ZIP file) identifying exact model number* as entered in the online application under equipment entry.
- Price quote for pre-approval / invoice for post-installation approval. Must include date and be itemized showing equipment quantity, exact model number*, current DLC or Energy Star Product ID (as applicable), unit price and total price. Labour must be presented separately from equipment.
- Proof of payment (referencing the invoice number) in the form of bank processed cheque(s), accounting screenshots, bank account overview, or credit card receipt is required at the time of post-installation approval before a cheque is issued to the participant.
- Terms and Conditions completed with signature from the participating customer. Also, in the case of a renter/leasee, the landlord/owner must sign the Property Owner Information section on the last page of the Terms and Conditions document.
*exact model number – from the original manufacturer, consistent with DLC or Energy Star Product ID (as applicable).
You will receive an email confirmation upon successful project submission. If you do not receive an email confirmation, or need additional support when completing your online application, please contact the Energy Efficiency Alberta Business, Non-Profit, and Institutional Savings Program team at 1-844-357-5604 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your participation!