Business Energy Savings offers rebates to encourage organizations to choose high-efficiency products.
NOTICE: The Business Energy Savings program has recently changed.
Energy Efficiency Alberta’s Business Energy Savings Program has been very popular, exceeding expectations for both participation and energy savings. As a result, Energy Efficiency Alberta has made several changes to the program, effective July 10, 2018.
- Pre-approval is required for all new projects and will be subject to revised rebate values and program terms.
- Post-installation applications will no longer be accepted for projects started on or after July 10, 2018. Post-installation applications with acceptable proof that the project has started (e.g., an invoice or purchase order) on or after April 11, 2018 and no later than July 9, 2018 will be accepted. Please submit all post-installation applications by August 7, 2018.
Please see the updated Terms and Conditions and Eligible Measures list for details.
We invite you to register for a live webinar where we will discuss the program changes and answer your questions. You can also view this pre-recorded webinar at any time.
1. Program Changes:
Effective July 10, 2018, projects that have not already started will require pre-approval in accordance with new program terms including:
- Program incentive amounts and eligible measures have been changed and can be reviewed in detail on our website.
- Project incentives are capped at 50% of equipment cost.
- Individual facilities are eligible to receive a maximum incentive of $25,000 per year. Parent companies are eligible to receive a maximum incentive of $100,000 per year for all of their facilities.
- Large commercial and industrial facilities with over 10,000 tonnes of annual GHG emissions are no longer eligible for Business Energy Savings. These facilities are encouraged to pursue energy efficiency opportunities through our Custom Energy Solutions program.
- Measures removed include:
- Lighting - Exterior LED fixtures (wall packs still available), high-bay fixtures, TLEDs, surface and suspended linear fixtures, HID replacement lamps.
- HVAC – VFDs, large condensing boilers, and large condensing storage water heaters (small and medium remain on the list).
2. Post-Installation (Standard) Application Changes:
Effective July 10, 2018 the post-installation application process has been closed.
- Post-installation applications will no longer be accepted for projects started on or after July 10, 2018. Going forward, applicants must submit a pre-approval application and will be subject to the new program Terms and Conditions and Eligible Measures list.
Post-installation applications with acceptable proof that the project has started (e.g., an invoice or purchase order) on or after April 11, 2018 and no later than July 9, 2018 will be accepted. Please submit all post-installation applications by August 7, 2018 using the Terms and Conditions dated January 15th 2018. If your project installation will not be complete by August 7, 2018, please send us an email.
Before you begin your application, you will be asked two questions to confirm eligibility considering the above changes to the program effective July 10th
To participate, follow these steps:
- Review the Eligible Measures List. It includes rebate values and technical eligibility criteria for Business Energy Savings.
- Submit an online application for up to $25,000 per Site ID.
- Pre-approval is required for new applications. It will confirm eligibility of your project prior to making the investment. Once pre-approval is complete, funds will be reserved for 6 months. Then, you’ll be asked for your final invoice and a proof of payment before the cheque is processed.
- Participants are encouraged to work with the contractor(s)/manufacturer(s)/distributor(s) of their choice to purchase and install eligible measures.
- Complete the online application on your own or with the help of your contractor(s)/manufacturer(s)/distributor(s). There is no qualified contractor list.
- Finish your online application by adding equipment (including full model number) and uploading required documentation.
You’ll receive emails informing you of your application status as it is processed. The participant will receive the rebate cheque in the mail approximately four weeks following submission of a complete application.
Before you Begin
You will need a valid account in our system, which will be created when you start your first application. Below you’ll find an overview of information needed for your application.
- Customer contact information (i.e. the facility where the project will take place).
Required Supporting Documentation:
- A copy of the customer’s recent electrical retailer/supplier bill. All pages with Project Number (ALESCR####) identified next to Site ID if more than one Site ID is present on the bill.
- Technical specification sheets* (need to be in a single PDF or ZIP file) identifying exact model number* as entered in the online application under equipment entry.
- Price quote for pre-approval / invoice for post-installation** approval. Must include facility address, date and be itemized showing equipment quantity, exact model number*, current DLC or Energy Star Product ID (as applicable), unit price and total price. Labour must be presented separately from equipment.
- Proof of payment (referencing the invoice number) in the form of bank processed cheque(s), accounting screenshots, bank account overview, or credit card receipt is required at the time of post-installation approval before a cheque is issued to the participant.
- Terms and Conditions completed with signature from the participating customer. Also, in the case of a renter/leasee, the landlord/owner must sign the Property Owner Information section on the last page of the Terms and Conditions document.
*Specification Sheets are not required for products with DLC or Energy Star Product IDs (as applicable).
**Post-installation applications with acceptable proof that the project has started (e.g., an invoice or purchase order) on or after April 11, 2018 and no later than July 9, 2018 will be accepted. Please submit all post-installation applications by August 7, 2018 using the Terms and Conditions dated January 15th 2018.
You will receive an email confirmation upon successful project submission. If you do not receive an email confirmation, or need additional support when completing your online application, please contact the Business Energy Savings team at 1-844-357-5604 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your participation!